The Pacific Northwest Resilience Challenge Summit
When it happened: Oct 2
Where: The Husky Union Building at the University of Washington
Wow, what a day! We and a whole community of people from diverse sectors come together and launch the PNW Resilience Challenge! Our panels of regional leaders were incredibly inspiring.
1) Resilience can't wait. Act now to get plans in place and prepare (from Susan MacLaughlin who was in New Zealand during the Christchurch earthquake)
2. It is MUCH less expensive to prepare your infrastructure before an event happens, so do it upfront. (from Jan Whittington who has advised on the economics at the international level)
3. There is a huge business opportunity for those that can think ahead. (Jim Hanna, Starbucks which is working with coffee farmers on plants and techniques that can withstand warmer climate conditions)
4. More than 70 of the 149 attendees have signed up for Action Groups, committed to moving the needle on our regional resilience.
5. More to follow! Keep in the loop, join our email lists.
Sustainability Leadership Awards January 23rd, 2015!
Send in Your Nomination
On January 23rd, we'll be hosting our region's largest celebration of sustainability accomplishments! Coming soon, we'll be accepting nominations for our yearly Sustainabililty Leadership Awards. These awards recognize the achievements of our local community organizations, businesses and a Sustainability Hero! Keep in mind who you'd like to nominate!
Want to support this community event? Click here for sponsorship inquiries.